Every year we conduct our parent survey as part of reviewing the areas that we "do well" and also to identify some areas for the school to keep "working on".
Our 2016 survey was conducted in March. We had 145 responses returned. These were overwhelmingly positive which is a credit to the hard-working staff team.
Highlights - 'Areas where we are doing well'
- 95% are satisfied with the school
- 94% believe the school provides a safe environment for their child
- 97% agree that their child is happy at school
- 95% are happy with the school's teachers
- 95% are satisfied with the school curriculum
- 95% agree that approaches to homework are effective
- 95% agree that the school encourages pupils to work hard
- 97% agree that the school encourages pupils to treat others with dignity and respect
- 93% believe their child is progressing well
- 94% believe that standards of teaching are 'good'
- 96% agree that school leaders do a good job
- 93% would recommend the school to others.
Areas to keep working to improve
- 9% would like us to work more on communication
- 14% would like us to develop more after-school clubs
- 19% would like us to further develop relationships and sex education approaches
- 22% want the school to review the quantity of homework that is given.
If you click the link below you will be able to read many of the very positive comments shared by parents/carers about the school.