Pupil Premium Expenditure
What is The Pupil Premium?
The 'pupil premium' is a government initiative that targets funding at pupils deemed to be from 'disadvantaged backgrounds'. Research has shown that disadvantaged pupils may underachieve compared to non-deprived peers. The pupil premium is provided to schools to enable these pupils to be supported to reach their full potential.
The government has used the 'entitlement to free school meals (FSM)', Looked After Children (LAC) and those with a defence force background as indicators of disadvantage. A fixed amount of money per eligible pupil is allocated to the school based upon eligibility in the last six years. For 2016/2017 the amount allocated is expected to be £1320 per pupil.
Free School Meal Eligibility
Your child is eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- IS - Income Support
- IBJSA - Job Seekers’ Allowance (income based)
- IRESA - Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided parents are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal credit
If you are entitled to free school meals, it is very important that you register with Ealing Council at Perceval House so that the school can receive the full funding that will benefit our children. Free School Meals application forms are also available from the school office and from this website (under Parents menu tab above, under School Meals). Please complete the form and bring it to the school office, where the admin staff will apply on your behalf.
Pupil Premium Expenditure at Beaconsfield
We use the Pupil Premium funding in different ways to support learning and to provide additional opportunities for children who are deemed to be disadvantaged.
- Evaluation and Impact of Pupil Premium Spending for 2017/2018 please click here
- For a copy of the Pupil Premium 2018/2019 Spending Plan please click here.